Sunday, May 22, 2016,10am-3pm
Our 3rd annual Art-a-thon is scheduled for Sunday, May 22, 2016 from 10am-3pm. It is a fundraiser to support our Youth Art Month exhibitions in March, including the 13th year of Young at Art K-8 and Higher Forms of Art, our annual high school art show now in its 10th year.
This is an artist-focused fundraising event in which each participating artist secures their own sponsor donations and commits to spending the afternoon making art at the gallery alongside fellow artists who have also enlisted pledges. Space is limited to 20 artists.This year, lunch will be provided as well as snacks and drinks.There will be some door prizes as well. Meet and network with other artists, make art in community, and raise money to support Harlow Gallery, a 501(c)3 nonprofit — what could be better?
In a nutshell, the Art-a-Thon works like this:
- Artists receive a donor form
- Artists sign up donors and collect funds. (All donations are fully tax deductible.) If donors are paying by check, they should be made out to KVAA/Harlow Gallery and note the Art-A -Thon on the check. Be sure to get all the donor’s pertinent contact information.
- Artists assemble at the Harlow Gallery on Sunday, May 22, 2016 and make art in the comfort of the gallery community from 10am-3pm. All donations are due on the day of the event so please collect them in advance. See below to order a pledge form.
- The money raised will be used to support the Harlow Gallery’s annual Young at Art (K-8 student art exhibit) and Higher Forms of Art (High school exhibit).
- Participants and passers by can also view Art2016, the 21st Annual Juried Show, which will be on view at Harlow Gallery May 13 – June 18, 2016
List of participating artists TBA
Everyone who participated last year had a great time networking, seeing each others’ work in progress, talking, snacking, and sharing ideas.
To receive a participant pledge form call or email Harlow Gallery Education Committee member, Cindy Rehagen Langewisch at 207-897-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call the gallery 622-3813 or email@example.com.