Call for Artists: Documenting Hallowell | Before, During and After Water Street Reconstruction
The Harlow Gallery invites Maine artists to participate in a project documenting downtown Hallowell before, during and after the major Water Street reconstruction project planned for 2018. Artists are invited to Hallowell to create work documenting the city’s changing streetscape over the next two years. The project will culminate in an art exhibition in 2019. Artists working in any media are welcome including but not limited to sculpture, photography, fine art and fine crafts.
We are kicking off the project on Sunday, August 13 12-6pm as part of Hallowell’s Woodstock Revival event, whether you come in 60s garb or not, we hope to fill the streets with an “art mob”!
How to participate:
- Register for the project online (Click here) or in person at the gallery during Hallowell’s Woodstock Revival on Sunday, August 13. During Woodstock, feel free to use Harlow Gallery as a comfort station. We have restrooms, AC, wifi, and great art to help spark inspiration.
- Commit to creating at least one work of art for AT LEAST two of the time periods (before, during and after the roadwork project). At least 6 artworks altogether.
- BEFORE – Come get inspired and create art in downtown Hallowell this summer or fall. If you enjoy creating in community come join the art mob during Hallowell’s Woodstock Revival on August 13
- DURING – Visit Hallowell during the actual roadwork reconstruction period, between April 2 – September 21, 2018. We are planning one or more “art mob” opportunities to work in community.
- AFTER – Return to the new and improved city of Hallowell in the spring and summer of 2019. Exhibition is planned for the fall of that year, dates to be determined. Artists who have registered as participants will receive instructions via email.