Become a Harlow artist.
Membership benefits you as an artist by connecting you with a vibrant arts community.
If you appreciate how the arts enhance our unique sense of place and quality of life, please join us. Your membership support benefits the greater community by underwriting exhibitions and free arts programming for all ages at the Harlow Gallery.
The Kennebec Valley Art Association is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded over 50 years ago in 1958! Our members are key to ensuring that we can continue presenting vibrant and varied arts programing at the Harlow Gallery for another 50 years into the future. Plus, your membership dues are tax deductible according to current tax law.
You can join right now, or renew your membership, using the Paypal link below. Or you may print out and complete our MEMBERSHIP FORM, then mail it to us with your check or credit card information. We are happy to take credit card information over the phone if you prefer. Call us at 207-622-3813 during open hours (Wednesday – Saturday noon to 6pm).
Our mailing address is:
Harlow Gallery, 160 Water Street, Hallowell, ME 04347
Make checks payable to: KVAA
Affirm and celebrate our 50-year tradition (and counting) of supporting the arts in central Maine … join today!
NEW! We are accepting artist memberships on a sliding scale, from $30 – $80.
Pay what you can afford, as an individual artist or as a family, (more than one artist living in the same household) and participate in exhibitions and other artists’ opportunities at the Harlow Gallery for one year. Keep in touch with all the events at your community gallery! You’ll receive our e-newsletter every other month plus email reminders of events and openings (no more than one per week).
Artist Member Benefits Include:
- e-newsletter & email event reminders
- emailed notice of opportunities for artists in Maine
- link to your website on harlowartists.org
- take advantage of opportunities to show and sell your work at the Harlow
- participate in member’s only exhibitions
- reduced fees for juried exhibitions at the Harlow
- offer your work for sale in art bins at the Harlow
- LOW 30% commission on art sold (member artist gets 70%!)
- networking opportunities, meet artists and art buyers
- invitation to annual meeting in April
- membership is fully tax deductible
- KVAA members are eligible for special rates with Art Collector Maine (artists must be juried in)
Students enrolled in a full-time college degree program, or in high school, are eligible to join the Kennebec Valley Art Association for just $15 a year.
SPINOFF or SPINDLEWORKS MEMBERSHIP
Artists affiliated with SpinOff Studios in Hallowell or Spindleworks in Bruswick are eligible to join the Kennebec Valley Art Association for just $15 a year.
Student and SpinOff member benefits are exactly the same as regular artist benefits above.
SUBSCRIPTION to NEWSLETTER BY MAIL
Emailed newsletter subscriptions are included at all membership levels. If you prefer, you may choose to have a paper copy of our newsletter mailed to your home. A one year subscription is $10 and helps to defray our printing and postage costs.