Young at Art 2015 is our 12th annual exhibition of children’s artwork, when area students in grades K -8 have their work on display in the professional setting of the Harlow Gallery. Each year we invite art teachers from elementary and middle schools from throughout the greater Augusta area to select their best student art to showcase in this wonderful celebration of talented young artists and of the importance of arts in education.
Please join us in celebrating the youngest artists in our community — families with children especially encouraged to attend!
On view February 28- March 21, 2015 at the Harlow Gallery, 160 Water Street, Hallowell.
Opening Saturday, February 28 from 10am-4pm.
Due to the high volume of visitors for this show we are asking that participating artists and their families attend according to the following schedule. Families with more than one artist participating can choose to attend whichever time works best for them. Visitors not affiliated with a participating artist are welcome anytime between 10am – 4pm:
10am– 12pm – artists in kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade
12-2 pm – artists in 3rd, 4th & 5th grade
2-4 pm – artists in 6th, 7th & 8th grades
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
Participating Schools, by town and listing art teachers are:
1. Lincoln School, Augusta – Robin Brooks
2. Silvio Gilbert Elementary School, Augusta – Sarah Barnum
3. Farrington Elementary School, Augusta – Sarah Barnum
4. Cony Middle School, Augusta – Kelly Halle & Jason Morgan
5. Chelsea Elementary, Chelsea – Sandra L Dunn
6. Stepping Stones Montessori, Chelsea – Jennifer Cousins
7. Dresden Elementary School, Dresden – Kari McCarthy
8. Laura E. Richards School, Gardiner – Maxine Marquis
9. Gardiner Regional Middle School, Gardiner – Stacy Anderson
10. Hall-Dale Middle School, Hallowell – Jen Paisley
11. Hall-Dale Elementary School, Hallowell – Kari McCarthy
12. Hussey Elementary School, Augusta – Helene Farrar
13. Monmouth Upper Middle School, Monmouth – Mary Pennington
14. Mount Vernon Elementary School, Mt Vernon – Betsy McPhedran
15. Palermo Consolidated Schools, Palermo – Kathy Sparrow
16. Teresa Hamlin School, Randolph – Maxine Marquis
17. Readfield Elementary, Readfield – Betsy McPhedran
18. Richmond Middle School, Richmond – Jeffrey Orth
19. Marcia Buker Elementary School, Richmond – Tina Wood
20. Riverview Elementary School, South Gardiner – Maxine Marquis
21. Albert S. Hall School, Waterville – Hollie Hilton
22. Wayne Elementary School, Wayne – Betsy McPhedran
23. Windsor Elementary School, Windsor – Genevieve Keller
24. Henry L Cotrell School, Monmouth – Christeen Mudgett
The Harlow Gallery is a 501(c)3 membership-based nonprofit dedicated to connecting and celebrating art, artists and community since 1963. It takes a village to help us make Young at Art a reality! Thank you to all the participating art teachers for selecting and preparing the work, and special thanks to the administration of Lincoln School, Gardiner Regional Middle School and Hall-Dale Schools for supporting Young at Art this year with a $50 donation each.
Very special thanks to all the artists who participated in our Art-a-thon on February 21st to raise funds in support of this exhibition: Aleana Chaplin, Diesel, Matt Demers, Helene Farrar (board member), Cindy Langewisch, Allison McKeen, Mary Schmaling, Zoë Metztli Yáñez , Kerry Wilkins and especially Caroline Boylston (pictured below at left) who raised over $300!
Young at Art and everything we do at the Harlow Gallery all year long is made possible by our Season Sponsors: The Bank of Maine, Capitol Dental Care, Dead River Company, the City of Hallowell, Kennebec Savings Bank and the Vallee Brothers.